- Julia Poliscanova to join Vulcan as special advisor to the Board. Ms. Poliscanova is a Senior Director with the EU’s Transport and Environment (“T&E”).
- She has been instrumental in shaping policies around EU vehicle CO2 standards & sustainable batteries, heading T&E’s vehicles programme since 2019.
- This recently culminated in the EU CO2 battery regulations announced in December 2020, which will effectively ban high-CO2 & uncircular” batteries in the EU.
- Ms. Poliscanova is also on the steering committee for the Battery CO2 Passport programme of the Global Battery Alliance https://www.weforum.org/global-battery-alliance/home).
- CO2 footprint of lithium-ion battery production is highly relevant for Vulcan, which is developing the world’s only Zero Carbon Lithium™ project in the centre of Europe, the world’s fastest growing lithium market.
- Ms Poliscanova, who holds an MSc in Energy, is an expert in EU energy policy and has been at the forefront of climate related policy issues addressing air quality, renewable energy, energy efficiency, batteries and vehicle CO2 legislation for the past 10 years in the EU at T&E and as senior EU policy officer for the Mayor of London, and before that as an advisor in the European Parliament.