- Vulcan has been accepted as a Member of the Global Battery Alliance (GBA), an umbrella partnership made up of 70 members
- workings towards a sustainable battery value chain globally.
- Industry members include BMW Group, BASF, BP, Google, Renault Group, LG Chem, Umicore, Volkswagen Group and Volvo Group.
- Vulcan joins SQM and Wesfarmers as members from the lithium sector.
- The GBA follows ten guiding principles covering issues from the circular recovery of battery materials, ensuring transparency of
- greenhouse gas emissions and their progressive reduction, to eliminating child and forced labour.
- The GBA is also developing the Battery Passport, a global solution for securely sharing information and data to prove responsibility and sustainability to consumers with a „quality seal“, while enabling resource efficiency across the battery life cycle.
- Vulcan will be participating in advancing projects and initiatives around battery materials traceability and transparency that will shape the industry.