Jochen Rudat joins Vulcan as Sales & Marketing Consultant
- Ex-Tesla Director for Central Europe.
- Launched Models S, 3, X and Roadster in the region.
- Ten years’ experience at Tesla, ex-direct report to Elon Musk.
- Ex-Automobili Pininfarina Chief Sales Officer; launched Electric
- Experience in the auto industry with BMW, Kia and Porsche.
- Will assist Business Development team at Vulcan with exploring
Zero Carbon Lithium™ offtake and strategic partnerships in the
electric vehicle and battery sector in Europe
Vulcan Energy Resources Ltd. (“Vulcan”, “the Company”) is pleased to
announce that ex-Tesla Director for Central Europe, Mr. Jochen Rudat, will
be joining Vulcan’s Business Development team effective immediately on a
consultancy basis. Mr. Rudat was one of the first employees for Tesla in
sales & marketing in Europe. He built a team of 250 employees and was
responsible for the launch of Tesla’s various models in the region. He spent
ten years with Tesla, during part of which time he reported directly to Elon
Prior to Tesla, Mr. Rudat worked for BMW, Kia and Porsche. Most recently,
he worked as Chief Sales Officer with Italian luxury car maker Automobili
Pininfarina to launch their Electric Hypercar Battista. He is the founder of
Electric Ventures, a consultancy service focused on investments in
Vulcan Managing Director, Dr. Francis Wedin, commented: “We’re excited
be joined by such an experienced member of the electric automotive
industry. Jochen will work alongside and complement our Business
Development team led by Vincent Pedailles, providing his expert industry
insight as we explore offtake agreements and strategic partnerships
surrounding our world-first Zero Carbon Lithium™ product, process and
project in Europe.”
Recent activities by the Company (https://v-er.com/investor-centre/asx-announcements/):
- Appointment of lithium expert Vincent Pedailles to Vulcan team
- Grant of new license and further growth of lithium resource, already the largest in Europe.
- Appointment of lithium chemistry expert Dr. Katharina Gerber to the executive team in Germany.
- Excellent recoveries of over 90% from lithium extraction test work on Upper Rhine Valley brine.
- Appointment of London-based NRG as strategic and financial advisor.
- Securing EU backing support package, and EU-backed investment agreement into the VulcanZero Carbon Lithium™ Project.
- $4.8m institutional and ESG investor equity placement.
- Presentation to European Commission and European Investment Bank Vice-Presidents.
- Appointment of ESG investing and strategic communications expert Ranya Alkadamani.
- Agreement to acquire 3D seismic package to accelerate project development. Commencement
- of lithium test work for Pre-Feasibility Study. Completion of positive Scoping Study.
Vulcan Energy Resources is aiming to become the world’s first Zero Carbon Lithium™ producer, by
producing a battery-quality lithium hydroxide chemical product with net zero carbon footprint from its
combined geothermal and lithium resource, which is Europe’s largest lithium resource, in the Upper
Rhine Valley of Germany. Vulcan will use its unique Zero Carbon Lithium™ process to produce both
renewable geothermal energy, and lithium hydroxide, from the same deep brine source. In doing so, it
fix lithium’s current problems for the EU market: a very high carbon and water footprint of
production, and total reliance on imports, mostly from China. Vulcan aims to supply the lithium-ion
battery and electric vehicle market in Europe, which is the fastest growing in the world. Vulcan has a
resource which can satisfy Europe’s needs for the electric vehicle transition, from a zero-carbon source,
many years to come.
For and on behalf of the Board
Chief Financial Officer – Company Secretary
For further information visit www.v-er.com