- Vulcan has appointed Lithium process expert, Dr. Stephen Harrison, as Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
- Dr. Harrison has a diverse multi-industry background in electrochemistry and lithium extraction, with thorough knowledge of all steps of industry process/product commercialisation in the lithium industry dating back to 1998.
- Dr. Harrison was CTO of Simbol Materials for seven years (2008-2015), where he led the scientific and engineering teams through a rapid process development, taking less than one year to develop a process to extract lithium from geothermal brine, which is today recognised as the lowest cost production method to lithium hydroxide.
- As CEO of Rakehill Technology LLC, Dr. Harrison has since consulted to the lithium industry on various lithium extraction technologies including sorbents.
- Dr. Harrison holds a PhD Chemical Engineering from the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Master of Science (M.Sc.), Electrochemical Science, from the University of Southampton.
- Dr. Harrison will be re-locationg from California to Germany to lead Vulcan’s Zero Carbon Lithium™ Project.